Here are my thoughts on what you need to know before moving to Italy. I hope you find them useful…
– The cost of living is about the same as the UK, with the exception of public transport and coffee!
– Get private health insurance – healthcare is good in Italy, but the standards vary depending on where you are in Italy
– Brits will have to apply for a Long Stay visa or residence permit
– Make an sure you learn some Italian before you move
– Expect a tonne of paperwork
– Make sure you know the conditions whether renting or buying
– Open a bank account if you plan stay on a long-term basis
– Open an account with currency specialist – they’ll protect you against bad exchange rates
Finally, do your research! It can save you time, money and hassle.