15/09/2022 at 12:12 AM #121904
Here are my top pointers:
- Learn to speak Spanish, even a basic level will be invaluable
- Remeber that business hours in Spain are different to the UK and most European countries
- Bureaucracy can be frustrating – healthcare, school system, buying a house and more can test your patience
- Looking to get away from the Brits, you may struggle we are everywhere!
- Get a bank account if you are staying long-term
- Sign-up for a phone plan
- Watchout for the pitfalls whether buying or renting
- Open an account with a currency company, they’ll save you money when buying your property and when sending your pension payments to your Spanish bank account
- Preparation and research
Best of luck!