- This topic is empty.
- 18/08/2022 at 5:20 PM #121623Zacharias23
I’ve had many holidays over the years in all the tourist hot spots of Italy. I’m now thinking of a move overseas and Italy on the list alongside Portugal. But holidays are very different to living in new country…so what should I know before moving to Italy?
Zach14/09/2022 at 11:47 PM #121901Ariah
Here are my thoughts on what you need to know before moving to Italy. I hope you find them useful…
– The cost of living is about the same as the UK, with the exception of public transport and coffee!
– Get private health insurance – healthcare is good in Italy, but the standards vary depending on where you are in Italy
– Brits will have to apply for a Long Stay visa or residence permit
– Make an sure you learn some Italian before you move
– Expect a tonne of paperwork
– Make sure you know the conditions whether renting or buying
– Open a bank account if you plan stay on a long-term basis
– Open an account with currency specialist – they’ll protect you against bad exchange rates
Finally, do your research! It can save you time, money and hassle.