- This topic is empty.
- 17/03/2022 at 6:00 PM #120564Adsparin
My wife and I plan to buy a property and seek residency at the same time. We will be retiring. Will we have access to healthcare like any other Portugese Citizen?21/03/2022 at 6:03 PM #120575Blondepeal
If you are registered residence of Portugal, you will not need private healthcare insurance.
You should be covered by Portugal’s public health care system as a registered resident of Portugal, whether working, pensioner or anything else.29/04/2022 at 5:56 PM #120794Moloundp
Nope, as long as you are resident of Portugla, you do not need private healthcare insurance.
You should be covered by the public healthcare system under all circumstances i.e. whether you are working, a pensioner or neither.
Moloun13/06/2022 at 5:27 PM #120968Jay29
You may want to also consider private health insurance.
Many Brits still take out private healthcare insurance as there are additional benefits over Portugal state healthcare system, notably:
– You will get access to better facilities
– Reduced waiting times
– On-demand access to a network of private hospitals on top of Portugal’s state system
– Ongoing expenses, such as GP appointments and prescriptions will be covered
– Less language issues when receiving care
I hope this helps.