- This topic is empty.
- 06/07/2022 at 5:16 PM #121149Reuben
I’ve heard many stories of the Spanish property dreams turning into nightmares.
Can anyone tell me what are the pitfalls to avoid?
Reuben12/09/2022 at 5:47 PM #121798Freddy22
Here are top ones
- Failing to get your registrations in place before the buying process – NIE number, Spanish bank account
- Not doing a proper job researching the property
- Understanding ALL the costs involved in buying a house and beyond
- Failing to understand the contracts
- Proper checks on the legal status of the property eg illegally built
- Setting up an account with a currency specialist – a ridculous number of people lose a tonne of money to bad exchange rates
Using recommended experts will significantly reduce the risks eg a good independent lawyer, agent and currency specialist, but you still need to some work yourself.
Best of luck!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.